The following Terms & Conditions shall apply to customers / passengers utilising the Services offered by Red Taxi for the hiring of taxis:
- The customer shall pay the taxi fare (as displayed in the meter), parking charges, additional night surcharge (where applicable) and any fee or levy presently payable or hereinafter imposed by the law or required to be paid for availing of the taxi Services.
- The customer agrees and accepts that the use of the Services provided by the Red Taxi is at the sole risk of the Customer, and further acknowledges that the Company disclaims all representations and warranties of any kind, whether express or implied.
- The customer agrees and acknowledges that the use of the Services offered by Red Taxi is at the sole risk of the customer and that Red Taxi disclaims all representations and warranties of any kind, whether express or implied as to condition, suitability, quality, merchantability and fitness for any purposes are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- The Customer shall indemnify Red Taxi from and against and in respect of any or all liabilities, losses, charges and expenses (including legal fees and costs on a full indemnity basis) claims, demands, actions and proceedings which Red Taxi may incur or sustain directly or indirectly from or by any reason of or in relation to the use or proposed use of the Services by the Customer and shall pay such sums on demand on Red Taxi.
- Red Taxi is hereby authorized to use the location based information provided by any of the telecommunication companies when the Customer uses the mobile phone to make a taxi booking. The location based information will be used only to facilitate and improve the probability of locating a taxi for the Customer.
- Red Taxi shall be entitled to disclose to all companies within its group, or any government body as so required by the law or by directive or request from any government body, the particulars of the Customer in the possession of Red Taxi in any way as Red Taxi, in its absolute discretion, deems fit or if it considers it in its interests to do so.
- Red Taxi shall be entitled at any time without giving any reason to terminate the booking of taxis done by the Customer.
- Red Taxi encourages all its customers to take full responsibility of his/her items. In case of lost items inside the Cab during the journey, Red Taxi will try to locate the items on a “best-effort” basis but is not responsible for the same in case of loss or damage to the same.
- If the Customer leaves any goods in the taxi or has any complaint in respect of the Services or the use of the taxi, the Customer has to inform Red Taxi of the same in writing within 24hours of using the taxi or the Services of Red Taxi.
- Red Taxi shall not be liable for any conduct of the chauffeur of the taxis. However, Red Taxi encourages you to notify it of any complaints that you may have against the chauffeur of any taxi that you may have hired using the Red Taxi’s Services.
- Red Taxi shall be entitled to add to, vary or amend any or all these terms and conditions at any time and the Customer shall be bound by such addition, variation or amendment.
- All the calls made to Red Taxi’s call centre are recorded by Red Taxi for quality and training purposes.
- All vehicles registered with Red Taxi are continuously tracked using GPS for security reasons only.
- Red Taxi have right to use the customer contact information for its own marketing purposes. Red Taxi may send regular SMS updates to the mobile numbers registered with it.
- Online booking has to be cancelled by calling to our Customer Care number 0422–4567890. For online and real time booking, cancellation charge of Rs.50 has to be paid for the booking cancelled 15 minutes prior to the pick up time.
The customer shall ensure that he/she will not indulge in any of the following activities while in a Red Taxi:
a. Smoking or consuming any kind of intoxicants inside the Taxi. The Chauffeur has the right to refuse the pick-up or ask the customer to alight the cab if the customer is found to be in an intoxicated state or is found misbehaving with other passengers or the chauffeur, or is causing a nuisance.
b. Littering the Taxi
c. Soiling or damaging the seats and/or any other interiors of the Taxi.
d. Misusing, soiling or damaging any of the devices (technical/non-technical) in the taxi.
e. Asking the chauffeur to break any Traffic/RTO/City Police and/or government rules for any purpose (especially reaching the destination earlier). The driver has the right to refuse such a request by the customer. The chauffeur also has the right to refuse such a pick-up or ask such customer(s) to alight from the cab.
f. Asking the chauffeur to board more than 4 adults in the taxi. The rules under which the taxi services are provided by the Company, stipulate that a maximum of 4 adult passengers shall be allowed per trip. In view of this, the customer shall not pressurize the chauffeur to allow more than 4 adult passengers in the taxi. The chauffeur has the right to refuse such a pick-up or ask such customer(s) to alight from the cab.
g. Pressurizing the chauffeur to overload the boot space of the taxi with luggage. The customer shall not be generally allowed to use the seating area of the taxi for placing any kind of luggage.
Without prejudice to the above, Red Taxi makes no representation or warranty that:
a.The Services will meet the customer’s requirements;
b. The Services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free.
c. Red Taxi shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage, howsoever caused or suffered by the Customer arising out of the use of taxi service offered by Red Taxi or due to the failure of Red Taxi to provide Services to the Customer for any reason whatsoever including but not limited to the Customer’s non-compliance with the Services’ recorded voice instructions, malfunction, partial or total failure of any network terminal, data processing system, computer tele-transmission or telecommunications system or other circumstances whether or not beyond the control of Red Taxi or any person or any organization involved in the above mentioned systems.
d. Red Taxi will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of the service offered by Red Taxi, including, but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages.
e. There shall be extra charges for far off locations & toll charges as well.
f. If any passenger misses the train or flight or bus, Red Taxi will not be liable for any compensation. The customer shall make an alternate arrangement if the cab has not reached due to any reason.